Thursday, November 6, 2008

We're Home

Pre Surgery, still ok.
Wanting to go home, but still pretty good.


Finally. I left the hospital around 7 on Wednesday. They gave me the choice of staying another day but I thought G would sleep better at home. She did pretty well most of the night, I made sure she had her pain meds and lots of fluids. She woke about 6 and stayed up until 10:30 when we both crashed until noon. The afternoon was pretty rough. She has cried nonstop unless I am holding her STANDING up. I can't sit at all. I am so thankful that my mom is here to help with the other kids. I have no idea what I am going to do tomorrow when she leaves.




G has pretty much rubbed the tape off her upper lip. So far the stitches have not come out. She is very stubborn and has bent the no no's (arm bands) trying to reach her face.




We go on Monday for sedation stitch removal. That ought to be real fun. (insert sarcasm) I will also have Hope with me. Kerry has used all his days for the year. Anyone want to volunteer to come along???? (kidding)


Thank you for all you prayers, we have certainly felt them. All of the kind words have kept us going. This is one of the hardest thiings to have to watch a your child go through.

4 comments:

Julie said...

I am sorry Grace has gone through so much. I am happy to hear that she is doing better. I would have commented earlier but I have been in town with Chris' dr appointments.

Keisha said...

Bless her heart! I'm glad you're home. hope She has a Great Day!

Unknown said...

If I could be there to go with you to help, I would. Your hands are full.

Jutta said...

Thinking about you. Hope Grace and you are getting some much needed rest.

Hugs to everybody

Jutta & Family