Tuesday, September 7, 2010

And then there were two ~

It was inevitable, the first day of school....we all knew it was coming...

Me, I am one of those mom's, you know the one's who enjoys having her kids at home. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy having some time to myself, but I also just really l like having my kids at home. Plus with Hope's first year riding the bus, I was a little apprehensive...



My little man was first, getting up at o' dark thirty... (that's 6am y'all) to catch the bus at 7am.


He was excited and anxious to be off.



Meanwhile back at the ranch, C-man was getting breakfast and relaxing before his bus came.


He didn't want me to walk him to the bus, after all he is a big kids now. 7th grade and all. But you know, I walked him anyway. No pictures though...didn't want to embarrass him to much and I also wasn't in my pj's this time...





Next some playing around before getting my biggest girl up and at em'.





I also walked her to the bus, she didn't complain. She is after all a Mommy's girl.




Then, the part I dreaded. Sending Hopey off to kindergarten. She seemed excited. She was up and dressed and had lunch all by 10:30!!



Well, as we were walking out the door I hugged her and noticed a little bit of crying....I asked her if she was ok....She said to me, "mommy, don't worry, it's just one tear...and I will be home soon".
Bless her heart, how I love that girl!!





Not even a turn around to wave goodbye. There goes my confident girl!!








And then I went off to cry and follow the bus, you know, just to make sure she got there ok.



And then there were two.......







4 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

{{sigh}}

Some days, being a Mommy is hard stuff.

mom2three said...

I was wondering how that first day went. I'm like you, I like my kiddos at home. Enjoy your two!

Julie said...

I am proud of you. I know that is so hard to do.

Duchess of Lanier said...

Happy back to school and wishing you a lonng late sleep in Saturday mornning as they recover from their first week.