Ok, going private was not an easy decision for me. I like to have people hear our adoption stories. I have always hoped that they would listen to our story and maybe it would influence them or others. Our faith has had a large impact on our choices and I think we've grown stronger as a family. These are all great things and I love talking to others about our experiences.
The two main reasons we decided to go private are that 1.) we didn't want to do anything that would affect our final adoption outcome. With all the changes the CCAA have made you never know what is ok to make public and what is not and 2.) probably the hardest thing I've ever dealt with is my health issues. No, it's not anything serious ie fatal but it is a huge inconvenience. I was in and out of the hospital for the months of March and April. We almost called off the adoption but I am so glad we didn't. My GI doc is still working out the details. Basically what that means is she is unsure about an exact diagnosis, for now I am allergic to wheat and may have chrohns or colitis. The jury is still out on that because when I don't eat wheat I feel better. Oh, btw I am also lactose intolerant. So, what do I eat? Well, not what I used to that's for sure. I was what you call a junk food junkie. I could eat a dozen donuts in one sitting and not gain a pound, but that has all changed. I am now conscious of what I eat and where I buy our food.
I found a wonderful grocery store called Whole Foods Market. It is quite a bit more expensive but worth it. The kids don't seem to notice that I've substituted gluten free foods for the other stuff and I think my husband is just glad I am feeling a little better and have supper on the table. I read a great blog today that made me feel better about my decision to go this route and she is a great inspiration. You can read it here.
Alright, no more of the heavy thoughts. We are now on day 51 of the LOA wait and I am getting antsy. I have surfed the rumor mills and heard that LOA's are expected next week. It may be to early for us but I am hopeful that we will be included. If so that would put us traveling right around Olympic time. I have looked up airline prices and they are not cheap, runs around $2200 a piece plus $1200 for Gracie. Please pray that we still have enough funds to get there. I would hate to have to tell our agency we have to wait because it's just not there.....