Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sunday Snapshot ~ Jake ~









Jake was the last of my babies born to me and with good reason. He weighed in at ten pounds. Surprising even the doctor who had guestimated 6-7 pounds. And while 10 pounds may not seem big now a days, to this petite 115 pound mom it was a lot. A whole lot, trust me.



Jake was the baby of the family for five long years. We did have a family meeting about adopting and he seemed on board, even excited about having a little sister.



And he was. He loves Hope...and Grace and most especially Rachel. Maybe because they are so much alike. Always a ready smile. Always happy. Never serious, unless he has to be.


After all his aspiration in life is to get to Hollywood and become an actor. Or a rock star. Or a director. An artist. You get the idea, something creative for our boy. And I totally approve, even encourage him to become more creative.






Me? I just feel blessed that I am the mom to such a sweet easy going fun loving boy who enjoys every second of life.




Ni Hao Y'all



4 comments:

3 Countries 1 Love said...

Yours is the second blog I've visited today highlighting their 10lb. baby boy :) I think it's awesome that he wants to do something creative and you're willing to help fuel that fire!!

Evelyn S. said...

A wonderful 'last-child-until-the-sister-came-along' image!

Anita said...

Awww...Jake is such a love, isn't he? :) I had one of those big kids too....my biggest was 9 lbs. 5oz and that was plenty big at only 5'3" myself...all baby! :)

Chris said...

Holy Moly! Ten pounds!!!

Love Jake's hat! :)