Thursday, January 7, 2010

Surgery went well

She came through ok, they even let me walk her back and hold her until she was out. They usually don't do this but I learned from a few friends to be assertive and it worked.


It took a little longer than usual for her to have the tubes put back in. Jie Jie's ears are quite scarred and the left tube was in the wrong place. She had a ton of fluid build up in the right ear.


I am hopeful this will help restore some of her hearing. She did take forever to wake up. I told the guy, "she won't wake up right away, it takes her quite awhile". He didn't believe me and said the first time was a fluke. Well, I proved him right, she was very tired and not wanting to stay alert. Her O2 level was ok and her heart rate came back up but I would say it took about an hour for her to come fully awake and then she kept telling me she was tired and to leave her alone.


So anyway, for those of you not on facebook she is ok and back to her normal ornery self.

5 comments:

Mandi said...

SO glad to hear things went well. Have you heard anything about your LOA yet?

Sharing Life and Love said...

Very happy to hear that she is well. What a relief!

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

Hi Desiree!

I'm so glad that everything went well!

Happy New Year!

Blessings,
Robin

Mike and Rhonda said...

So glad everything went well! I hope that this helps her hearing as will.

Jan said...

Very happy to to hear that everything went well with the surgery! You must be so relieved!

Happy New Year to you all!!