Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sunday Snapshot ~ waiting ~

wait⋅ing  

–noun 1. a period of waiting; pause, interval, or delay.

–adjective 2. serving or being in attendance: waiting man; waiting maid; waiting woman.


Waiting, it seems we are always waiting. Even if we don't realize it we are actually waiting. Waiting for our next meal, waiting for pay day, waiting for our birthday, waiting in line for a cup of coffee. Yep folks, we are always waiting.

Bear with me, I do have a point. When we are waiting for something so big and so important it seems to take the longest. In a sense you are in a period of delay or a pause.

Now reading the second meaning, I get a light bulb moment or an idea. Why not turn our wait time into a serving time or a time to help others, maybe that will make our time of waiting shorter and I will gain a perspective I otherwise would not have had.

Now if you read through all my jumble and got it, go, go and serve or help others, not only will it make you feel better, maybe your time of waiting will be shorter also.


Ni Hao Y'all

2 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

Huh. NOw that is a novel idea that we don't usually think of - you know, being self absorbed humans & all ;)

Stefanie said...

Great idea, Desiree!!
P.S. I do hope your waiting is shorter than you expect!! :)