Friday, July 10, 2009

A Day in the Life...



of a not so smart person. And that would be me....


Case in point, I took all five kids to the grocery store. By myself...again by myself. I couldn't wait for Kerry to get home from work, it would be to late and I needed supplies to make Jake's birthday cake for his party tomorrow. We didn't even get out the door without an argument about who gets to sit where, luckily the Little's don't have a choice.

So, we get there and then another argument about who is going to push the cart and what we're getting. All in all it wasn't so bad though. Unless you consider all the extras that were thrown in the cart and a $175 bill for only ten things on my list....

Getting to check out we had a super nice and friendly clerk. (insert MAJOR sarcasm here) Typically at this store everyone is nice but I felt as if this lady was looking at me like I had two heads or something. The kids were being good, no one was screaming. Hey, they even helped load the cart back up. After her pleasant staring and rude non goodbye. I felt the kids deserved a treat.

So, me being the kind mom I am, (or a gluten for punishment) I take the kids to lunch. (all five and just me) But ya know the kids were good. Gracie fell asleep and stayed that way. I was able to eat my meal (and finish) !! The kids ate and were talking quietly. I found myself closing my eyes for a minute.
Bottom line is my kids are pretty great. I feel blessed to have such well behaved kids.


Not happy about being regulated to the back of the truck...

Jake is happy regardless of where he sits, even sideways...


The kids restaurant of choice. I didn't mind, they are pretty inexpensive. Cake pictures coming tomorrow. A little hint, it's electric blue, black and grey.... And his present, it's loud and something Kerry hopes he will become very good at...

3 comments:

Sherri said...

You are very brave taking 5 children out shopping, I have a hard time with just 1.

Sherri

Olivia's Mom said...

Oh, how I can relate to the look on Hannah's face! It must be a typical teenage girl attitude!

living4him5 said...

WOW! I sweat when I take my two little ones with me...LOL...

Sounds like you had a nice outing and lunch.

Have a beautiful Sunday!

Blessings,
Amy