Monday, February 9, 2009

So much to say...


















However, I haven't really felt like blogging for awhile. We have been in VA for about a week. I started looking at houses right away, the problem, there are not many in our price range and the ones that are are usually bank owned or short sales. This means we are literally fighting with other for one house that usually needs work.....
I am a little surprised, with this amount in MI we could have gotten a rather large new home. (ie, five bedrooms, four baths, finished basement and closer to work for Kerry) Here we are getting an older home, four bedrooms two baths and about an hour or more drive for Kerry to work.

Now don't get me wrong, I love it here in VA, but I wish it were a little more affordable. In the mean time the kids are still out of school, we are still in a temp. apt with only two bedrooms and I haven't found a good speech person for Grace....

Not all is doom and gloom though. We did go to DC yesterday and had a great time. We decided after not being able to fins a parking space to use Kerry's from work and hop on the metro. (train) I loved this. The big city feel and all seven of us together. Fun times!! We walked about 5 miles total with me carrying either Grace or Hope most of the time. We saw China Town, Lincoln Memorial, World War 2 Memorial, Smithsonian Museums and a bunch of other things. What was supposed to have been a 2-3 hour trip ended up taking all day.

When we got home we celebrated Hope's 4th birthday with a princes cake I made. Now keep in mind this isn't the art piece I had been hoping for. I have none of my supplies in the apartment and baked this with one pan (yes, I had four layers and one pan= four different cakes total time 4 hours!!) But, I made it work and if you don't look to closely it is OK. Hope loved it. The cake was chocolate swirl with homemade strawberry filling. Yum, if only I could have tasted it but it wasn't gluten free. The kids and Kerry said it was good but sup sweet.

So, that was our first week in VA. We are still waiting to hear about the house we bid on. I believe there are many offers and the bank will decide to take the highest or wait it out until they get a better offer. We did offer more than what they were asking but still don't know what will happen. If we don't hear anything by tomorrow am we will be out looking again. We must have a signed contract in by Thursday this week. So, if you think about it, please say a prayer for us.....
























4 comments:

Julie said...

Happy Birthday Hope!!!

Steve and Jan said...

Happy Birthday Hope! Tess' 4th birthday is 3/18. She can't wait to be older! She wants to take 4-year-old vitamins and be "big" like her brother and sister :-)

I will be praying for you and the house situation. Wow! As if moving itself isn't stressful enough!

Take care!
Jan

Keisha said...

WOW! I love your pictures.. I only see those on TV..LOL! ;)
The cake looks & sounds Yum-O.
Good luck with the house hunting!
Keisha

Unknown said...

You all look to be so happy in WARM Virginia (compared to MI). I can't believe you made that cake after ALL you have been through. YOU, Desiree, are Martha Stewart!